The purpose of the Vintage Aircraft Association is to:
- Encourage and aid the retention and restoration of historical Antique, Classic, and Contemporary aircraft.
- Establish a library devoted to the history of aviation and the construction, repair, restoration, maintenance and preservation of aircraft, particularly historical Antique, Classic and Contemporary aircraft and engines.
- Host meetings, displays and educational programs relating to aviation with emphasis on restoration, maintenance and care of historical Antique, Classic and Contemporary aircraft.
- Improve aviation safety and aviation education.
- Band together those persons interested in historical Antique, Classic and Contemporary aircraft for their mutual pleasure, recreation and education.